In the newest episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour talks with Errol Weiss, Chief Security Officer with the Health Information Sharing & Analysis Center (Health-ISAC). In their discussion Errol and Andy discuss:
- The evolving cyber threat landscape – from those aimed at the healthcare community, the development of blended threats, ransomware, some of the cybersecurity challenges relating to COVID-19, and more.
- Some of the benefits and challenges of information sharing and collaboration, and what it takes to make it successful. With that, Errol shared the March 2020 Information Sharing Best Practices document developed by H-ISAC, which can be downloaded here.
- How the pandemic impacted H-ISAC and some of the good stories coming out of COVID-19, such as the voluntary activity being conducted by individuals and groups like the CTI League.
- Some of the ways H-ISAC is working to address risk in other domains.
- We also discuss what’s ahead for Health-ISAC and other topics.
Errol Weiss joined the Health Information Sharing & Analysis Center (Health-ISAC) in April 2019 as its first Chief Security Officer. Errol created and staffed H-ISAC’s Threat Operations Center in Titusville. Florida, providing H-ISAC members with meaningful and actionable threat intelligence relevant for IT and infosec professionals in the healthcare sector.
Errol has over 25 years of experience in Information Security. He began his career with NSA conducting vulnerability analyses and penetrations of classified government systems and then spent ten years delivering Information Security Services for Fortune-100 companies. Errol is one of four named inventors on the patent for Trusted and Anonymous Information Sharing and was responsible for the creation, implementation and operation of the world’s first ISAC.
From 2006 to 2016, Errol created and ran Citigroup’s Cyber Intelligence Center and provided actionable intelligence to thousands of end-users globally. Prior to H-ISAC, Errol was a Senior Vice President Executive with Bank of America’s Global Information Security team.
Errol has a M.S. in Technical Management from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Bucknell University.
This Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.