This page links to a variety of public sector resources and references that may help inform security and preparedness.
New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness
UK Government Resources include:
Facility Security Guidance: Advice for security managers of crowded places following a change of threat level to CRITICAL
Center for the Protection of National Infrastructure CCTV Guidance
FTC Resources for Protecting Small Businesses
Small Business Cybersecurity
DHS Drone / UAS Security Resources
DHS Hometown Security
NJOHSP Infrastructure Protection Resources
Australian National Security: Government information on what to do in various emergency situations including:
- Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism: Australia's Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism [PDF 1.3MB]
- National Terrorism Threat Advisory System
—Australia's current national terrorism threat level is PROBABLE.
- Active Shooter Guidelines for Places of Mass Gathering—provides information for individuals on what to do in a firearm attack in a public area.
- The Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Guidelines for Places of Mass Gathering—provides information for individuals and people who own or operate places of mass gatherings to be more aware of, and prepared for, the threat of IED incidents.
- Improvised explosive device (IED) attack – advice for individuals
- Firearm attack – initial action advice for individuals
- Chemical security – Terrorists can use chemicals found in everyday products to make powerful homemade explosives and toxic weapons.
- What I can do—find out what you can do to help keep Australia safe from terrorism and prepare for and respond to an emergency.
- Frequently asked questions—get the answers to some general, frequently asked questions about our national security.
What To Do: DHS Bomb Threat Guidance Resource Page
DHS Pandemic Influenza Guides
OpenWHO is WHO’s new interactive, web-based, knowledge-transfer platform offering online courses to improve the response to health emergencies. OpenWHO enables the Organization and its key partners to transfer life-saving knowledge to large numbers of frontline responders.
DHS National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS)
- Prepare for Hurricanes: Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1st. Prepare yourself, your family, pets, & your home today.
- Flood Safety. Find flood safety tips to learn what to do before, during and after a flood. Turn around, don't drown!
- Prepare for Tornadoes. If you’re under a tornado warning, know where to shelter if you receive a warning.
- Prepare for Extreme Heat. Summer is fast approaching. Prepare now for extreme heat.
- Prepare for Emergencies. Be prepared for all types of emergencies and make an emergency plan with your family. Don't Wait. Communicate.
- Ready Publications. Ready offers brochures and other free publications to help you and your community prepare. Order publications today.
DHS Active Shooter Preparedness
DHS Active Shooter Workshops
Best Practices for Mail Screening and Handling Process: A Guide for the Public and Private Sectors (Sept 2012/1st Edition)