Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion are recurring discussion among our team and our valued guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining.
In this latest episode, Dave is joined by Bridget Johnson, Travis Moran and Chuck Egli to talk over the latest security matters. Teeing up with sports in the world of COVID, the group then “nerds out” about drones of the suicide variety, extremism and disinformation. Have a listen on Anchor, Apple, Spotify.
- Bridget Johnson, @bridgetcj on Twitter, is the Homeland Security Today Managing Editor, (@HSTodayMag), a security consultant, private eye, Sr. Fellow/Terrorism with the @SalomonCenter, an NPR contributor and has served as a Senior Risk Analyst with Gate 15, where she still contributes. Notably, she is an L.A. woman and avid 49ers fan.
- Travis Moran is the Vice President of Operations for Welund North America, and a long-time friend to Gate 15, having contributed his perspective to various reports and analyses. A retired law enforcement officer, Travis is a drones expert with experience in security across various critical infrastructure. Email email@example.com | Website www.welund.com | twitter: @dronin_on
- Chuck Egli is a Senior Risk Analyst with Gate 15. In his many roles he works with government and private sector partners to provide security and resilience information and analysis to critical infrastructure organizations. He also has a background as an exercise planner and facilitator, having supported exercises for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Defense. Chuck is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, where he served as a Surface Warfare Officer from 2004 to 2010. He continues to serve in the U.S. Navy Reserve. Chuck’s hobbies include running, playing tennis, and cooking. He is a fan of UNC basketball, all of Pittsburgh’s sports teams, and the Washington Nationals.
Some references mentioned in the pod:
- Bridget’s article on conspiracy theories: https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/counterterrorism/conspiracy-theory-extremism-when-viral-claims-turn-dangerous/
- START Report: https://mailchi.mp/start/new-radicalization-data-358122?e=b787119265
- Drones: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/34414/we-talk-killer-drones-and-the-future-of-unmanned-warfare-with-aerovironments-steve-gitlin
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.