Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
“Alright, alright, alright,” welcome back to the latest episode of the Risk Roundtable! The team brings a familiar voice to talk about the impact of her work. Homeland Security Today Managing Editor Bridget Johnson/@BridgetCJ joins Andy, Jen and Dave to talk about her addition to “The List” – an accelerationist “hit list” based on her work on rooting out extremism and their propaganda. Bridget talks about the dual-edged sword of safety while also knowing that her work is hitting the right spots with these hate-based actors.
After Bridget left to handle matters connected to this threat, Dave, Andy, and Jen talked about the Multi-Factor Authentication and how it’s important to implement but to also take appropriate care. Finally Dave took control and led the Roundtable through a new game of “Over-rated / Under-rated / Properly Rated“. The team assessed where three security threats were rated and the reasons why. Andy finished things off with three questions that included Alf, Matthew McConaughey, and the endless Van Halen argument: David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar.
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- Jennifer Lyn Walker quoted by Tim Starks/@timstarks in The Washington Post’s Cybersecurity 202, U.K. attack spotlights water sector vulnerabilities, 23 Aug 2022
- 0ktapus campaign: Twilio, Cloudflare, and over 130 more victims discovered by Group-IB
- Proofpoint’s The Human Factor Report
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!