By Andy Jabbour
November is National Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month (NCISRM), and I’m very excited to work with InfraGardNCR for what is going to be great event on the 13 November at Georgetown University‘s School of Continuing Studies.
“Under leadership from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s National Protection & Programs Directorate (NPPD) and partnership with InfraGardNCR, November is designated as National Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month. NCISRM builds awareness and appreciation of the importance of critical infrastructure and reaffirms the nationwide commitment to keep our critical infrastructure and our communities safe and secure.”
Registration: link here!
Come join me and our fantastic speakers and panelists as we spend a day with “A Focus on Hometown Security.” From the NCISRM website: “Under leadership from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s National Protection & Programs Directorate (NPPD) and partnership with InfraGardNCR, November is designated as National Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month. NCISRM builds awareness and appreciation of the importance of critical infrastructure and reaffirms the nationwide commitment to keep our critical infrastructure and our communities safe and secure. Securing the nation’s infrastructure, which includes both the physical facilities that supply our communities with goods and services, like water, transportation, and fuel, and the communication and cyber technology that connects people and supports the critical infrastructure systems we rely on daily, is a national priority that requires planning and coordination across the whole community.”
Agenda (subject to change)
- 8:30 – 9:00: Arrivals & Registration
- 9:00 – 9:05: Greetings, Facility Overview, Tonya Coultas, Board Member, InfraGardNCR
- 9:05 – 9:10: Welcome and Opening Remarks, Kristina Tanasichuk,President, InfraGardNCR
- 9:10 – 9:20: Remarks, Phil Celestini, FBI WFO Special Agent in Charge
- 9:20 – 9:30: Remarks, Christopher Krebs, DHS NPPD Acting Under Secretary
- 9:30 – 9:40: Agenda & Event Overview, Andy Jabbour, Board Member, InfraGardNCR
- 9:40 – 9:50: Break
- 9:50 – 10:50: Panel One: Public Sector Support to Hometown Security
- 10:50 – 11:10: Panel One Q&A
- 11:10 – 12:10: Panel Two: Private-Public Collaboration: Critical Lifelines and Cascading Risk
- 12:10 – 12:30: Panel Two Q&A
- 12:30 – 12:50: Box Lunch & Break
- 12:50 – 1:50: Panel Three: Cyber Risk in Critical Infrastructure
- 1:50 – 2:10: Panel Three Q&A
- 2:10 – 2:20: Closing Comments, Kristina Tanasichuk,President, InfraGardNCR
Registration: link here!
“In November, and throughout the year, NCISRM efforts will focus on bringing stakeholders together to foster trusted relationships, providing timely and relevant resources to mitigate vulnerabilities, and raise awareness around the role of our supply chain in protecting critical infrastructure.”
Maintain security and threat awareness via Gate 15’s free daily paper, the Gate 15 SUN and learn more about Hostile Events Preparedness and our HEPS Program here. Gate 15 provides intelligence and threat information to inform routine situational awareness, preparedness planning, and to penetrate the decision-making cycle to help inform time-sensitive decisions effecting operations, security, and resources. We provide clients with routine cyber and physical security products tailored to the individual client’s interests. Such products include relevant analysis, assessments, and mitigation strategies on a variety of topics.