The Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion podcast episodes are recurring discussions among our team and our valued guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining.
In the latest episode of Nerd Out!, it was a five star day for Dave Pounder… First, you can hear him open up with his “Warrrrshington” versus Presidents’ Day poll (did you see what I did there), before Dave continues with Bridget Johnson, Joe Levy, and Travis Moran to discuss behaviors and indicators of hostile events related to recent arrests and incidents in Singapore, Norway, and Minnesota, and the role that mental health plays a role into it. The team then looks at reporting such instances, before getting into the Florida Water breach and some of the ramifications as it highlights the various ways blended threats can have an impact to organizations. Unfortunately a real-time weather event prevented the group from getting into their lightning round (no pun intended considering the weather event), but not before Bridget was able to share her true feelings for a certain seven time Super Bowl winning quarterback.
- Bridget Johnson, @bridgetcj on Twitter, is the Homeland Security Today Managing Editor, (@HSTodayMag), and a security consultant, among other projects. HS Today is currently running a series of webinars (webinar signups, https://www.eventbrite.com/o/homeland-security-today-30028526516). Notably, she is an L.A. woman and avid 49ers fan.
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. IAVM Website: www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com | Joe’s LinkedIn profile.
- Travis Moran is the Assistant Deputy Director, Critical Infrastructure Protection & Physical Security with the Secure Communities Network (SCN), and a long-time friend to Gate 15, having contributed his perspective to various reports and analyses. A retired law enforcement officer, Travis is a drones expert with experience in security across various critical infrastructure. Twitter: @dronin_on.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.