The Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion podcast episodes are recurring discussions among our team and our valued guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining.
In the latest episode of Nerd Out!, Dave Pounder and his merry band of nerdies, Bridget Johnson, Joe Levy, and Travis Moran, look at the latest news around reopening and what organizations need to be on guard for as crowd sizes and capacity limits will test the ongoing health pandemic. Then the group looks at the way threat actors may respond. Will it be a target of opportunity or will new security measures be disruptive enough? Next, the panel looked at recent protests, and the potential for future protests (did people really forget about May Day?!) and what ways they may change in a reopened world. Finally, what is the future of conspiracy theories and the movements that were charged over the past several years? The group then lightened it up a bit and went through some lightning round questions and discovered that the Snyder Cut really isn’t a thing because no one particularly cared for it in the first place to even knew it was a thing…
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate and host of the Nerd Out! podcast. Dave has over twenty years of intelligence and analysis experience and fancies himself to be the best looking member of the Gate 15 team. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridget Johnson, @bridgetcj on Twitter, is the Homeland Security Today Managing Editor, (@HSTodayMag), and a security consultant, among other projects. HS Today is currently running a series of webinars (webinar signups, https://www.eventbrite.com/o/homeland-security-today-30028526516). Notably, she is an L.A. woman and avid 49ers fan.
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM Website: www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com | Joe’s LinkedIn profile.
- Travis Moran is the Assistant Deputy Director, Critical Infrastructure Protection & Physical Security with the Secure Communities Network (SCN), and a long-time friend to Gate 15, having contributed his perspective to various reports and analyses. A retired law enforcement officer, Travis is a drones expert with experience in security across various critical infrastructure. Twitter: @dronin_on.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.