The Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion podcast episodes are recurring discussions among our team and our valued guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining.
In the latest episode of Nerd Out!, Dave Pounder the panel is a party of one – Rob Yandow joins again to talk with Dave about high stress situations and preparedness. This is especially relevant given the reopenings and the latest hostile event situations. Rob and Dave discuss ideas around fear, as well as how and why individuals respond to high stress situations the way they do. Using various examples, Rob hammers home the various stages in the survival arc – denial, deliberation, and decisive action. And most importantly, the podcast talks about the ways organizations can use this information to train and prepare to respond.
Then Dave is joined by a special guest to talk about the greatest band ever…
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate and host of the Nerd Out! podcast. Dave has over twenty years of intelligence and analysis experience and fancies himself to be the best looking member of the Gate 15 team. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rob Yandow is a security expert, a former police officer, and now working with the Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (FB-ISAO) and serves as the Co-Chair of the FB-ISAO’s Operational Resilience Group. FB-ISAO: faithbased-isao.org. Twitter: @RobYandow & @ryandowsecurity
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.