In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave Pounder welcomes in Ben Taylor, Executive Director of the Cannabis Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO). Their conversation looked at the evolution of the industry and the capabilities that an ISAO can provide to help those in the rapidly-growing Cannabis industry enhance their organizational safety, security and resilience by understanding their threats and risks and develop strategies to protect their customers and organizations. Ben talked through the announcement of the ISAO and the next steps including offerings on their website and social media platforms. Dave and Ben also looked at the challenges that ISAOs face in getting attention and gaining members, but highlighted the value that they bring and the value of information sharing to the overall strength of the industry.
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate and host of the Nerd Out! podcast. Dave has over twenty years of intelligence and analysis experience and fancies himself to be the best looking member of the Gate 15 team. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ben Taylor is the Executive Director of the Cannabis-ISAO. Ben also serves as a Risk Analyst to several Information Sharing & Analysis Centers, and has previous security and operations experience as an Army Officer as well as working through the Department of Homeland Security’s (then) Office of Infrastructure Protection (now part of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency [CISA]). Ben has also spent several years in marketing and partner development roles within the tourism industry, to include working to promote Cannabis tourism in Oakland, California.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.