In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave Pounder is joined by everyone’s favorite Crimson Tide enthusiast – Jon Crosson. Jon is the Director of Critical Infrastructure – Vital Services for Gate 15. Among other responsibilities, Jon currently supports the Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC) as the Director, Special Interest Group Services. H-ISAC is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to protecting the healthcare and public health sector from physical and cyber attacks and incidents through dissemination of trusted and timely information. In the episode, Jon looks at the current security threats facing the health sector and healthcare organizations to include the impact that COVID has had, as well as the battle against mis/disinformation. Dave and Jon then look back at some of Jon’s background and how he got in position to be a trusted partner in the community. And finally, turning to one of Jon’s true loves, Dave and Jon talk about the upcoming college football season and the outlook for the Crimson Tide.
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jon Crosson is the Director of Critical Infrastructure – Vital Services for Gate 15. Prior to Gate 15, Jon was a senior operations specialist and project manager for Battelle Memorial Institute. Jon held various positions supporting the Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Jon served in the U.S. Army as a Field Artillery Officer from 1999-2003. He is a member of InfraGard and a graduate of the FBI Citizens’ Academy.
- Links to the FEMA training referenced by Jon in the pod: FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Independent Study Course List .
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.