Enjoy our newest podcast accessible on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, and wherever you enjoy your favorite podcasts! See more links on the Anchor page.
In the most recent episode of Nerd Out!, and as accurately described by Ron Burgundy it could be a horrible news story… but Dave goes solo to talk about the recent events. These include the Norway Bow and Arrow attack, the murder of a British Member of Parliament, and two of the more recent insider threat attacks and how organizations can learn from these events and improve their security posture. Dave then goes a little pop culture to talk about his three favorite security movies and shows. He also uses these references to talk about how organizations can build and nurture their own intelligence analysts and the value they can bring to their organizations. Rough transitions and some help from Ron Burgundy and Syndrome aside, the panel will return for next month as they look ahead to what should be a busy holiday season.
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
Have a listen to Dave’s solo Nerd Out! on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.