The latest episode of Nerd Out is a very special two parter. In the first part, The Nerdies (Bridget and Joe) talk about the fallout from the Houston Astropark disaster ranging from the considerations that go into the event planning, and whether there should be a blame game. And then they look at how threat actors may use this event for future threat planning (note the Hostile Events Attack Cycle) before turning their attention to the latest National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin release and what it could mean for the holidays. In part two, Dave welcomes in Dr. Tamara Herold and goes a little deeper into the Houston incident and what it could mean for events moving forward.
Some references brought up in the podcast:
The Nerd Out team:
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org; LinkedIn Profile.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Dr. Tamara D. Herold, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Graduate Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Director, Crowd Management Research Council Department of Criminal Justice.
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.