In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave starts off by talking about his recent quarantine experience in Costa Rica (21 days!) before welcoming in a panel to discuss the Colleyville, Texas synagogue attack. Bringing in the Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analysis Organization‘s Mayya Saab, Seth Ozer, and Ed Heyman, the panel went through the Colleyville hostile event and looked at initial reactions, what can be learned from this situation, and some of the key takeaways. The team then stressed the importance of training in this situation, but also discussed several low cost options and ways to make their location more secure.
- Mayya Saab is the Executive Director of the Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (FB-ISAO).
- Seth Ozer is Senior Consultant with Woodstone Consulting, LLC based out of Minnesota.
- Ed Heyman is the co-chair of the FB-ISAO Operational Resilience Group.
- Dave Pounder is the host of Nerd Out! and part of the Gate 15 Risk Roundtable podcast. He is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate 15. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.