The latest episode of Nerd Out feels like one of the first with the return or Travis Moran to the pod. Travis came on to talk about the energy sector and his new work to help make sure that his critical infrastructure is positioned for the number of threats facing the industry. Travis goes into detail about his role and the role of security practitioners and some of the ways that they can be successful with training and exercises. Dave then asked Travis to put on one of his old hats and talked about the looming Roe v Wade decision and what it could for organizations from a protest and demonstration standpoint.
Turning to lighter fare, the two shared their love for the sport of lacrosse, Maryland’s dominance, the rigor of a season, and why they may or may not be fans of the Premier Lacrosse League.
The Nerd Out team:
- Travis Moran is a Senior Reliability & Security Advisor with SERC Reliability Corporation/@SERCReliability; firstname.lastname@example.org; he can be found on Twitter at @dronin_on.
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.