In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave goes solo and tackles security awards at the two-thirds part of the year. Looking at the important security issues or challenges of the year, Dave goes through a series of awards tied to various pop-culture references before arriving at his two-thirds of the year MVP, if there really is a doubt. Then Dave transitions to a new security book he’s reading and a couple shows that are on his list. Enjoy the show!
- Book mentioned: The Security Culture Playbook: An Executive Guide To Reducing Risk and Developing Your Human Defense Layer
The Nerd Out team:
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.