In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave, Bridget, and Joe are together again and catch up on all the summer happenings to include an update on Bridget’s ever-exciting news. The Nerd Out crew then turns to another list and talk about the significance and importance of the Homeland Security Today Hottest 50 list. Bridget gives some of the background on the list and some of the criteria that brought the list together while Dave and Joe were left to wonder if they might be on the list next year. Next, the gang talked about venue security and how the big summer season went relatively smoothly and what that could mean for the fall season and the upcoming significant events and holidays.
Among other topics, in this podcast, the team discusses:
- Homeland Security Today’s HOMELAND’S HOTTEST 50!
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM): Academy for Venue Safety and Security and a soon to be announced introductory course on venue safety and security.
The Nerd Out team:
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com; LinkedIn Profile.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.