Enjoy our newest podcast accessible on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, and wherever you enjoy your favorite podcasts! See more links on the Anchor page.
In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave went without the panel and talked about two topics – Election preparedness and the impacts of a recent attack, specifically analyzing the manfesto from the threat actor in the recent Bratislava attack. Tackling the upcoming U.S. midterm elections, Dave talks through some of the key considerations for individuals and organizations and about the various risks not just leading up to the election, but after as well. Then Dave transitioned to talking about the recent attack against an LGBTQ business in Bratislava and the information that was gleamed from the manifesto. Particularly interesting was the inspiration that was gained from the Buffalo attacker in May. Referencing work by Nerd Out alumni Bridget Johnson, Dave talked through the importance of this analysis and then how it could be used by another threat actor in the future. Dave then wrapped up the pod (technical difficulties aside) with some mailbag questions related to weather preparedness and gaining leadership buy-in.
Discussed in this podcast:
- Slovak Who Attacked Gay Bar Credits Buffalo Shooter with Giving Him ‘Final Nudge’ by Bridget Johnson, @BridgetCJ, in Homeland Security Today, 18 Oct 2022. Bridget is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today.
This episode’s Nerd Out team:
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a listen to the Nerd Out! on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.