In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave, Joe and Bridget look back at 2022 to capture their top security “surprise” before looking ahead to some security wishes for 2023. While Dave was surprised with organizational responses, Joe talked about the continuous challenges the organizations face on a day in and day out basis before Bridget rained down on the holiday cheer with some thoughts on the normalization of extremist behaviors. Turning to wishes, the team looked at spreading good will by focusing on fundamentals, creating security cultures, and being aware of the various threats that are lurking out there as threat actors continue to evolve.
We hope you all enjoyed the podcast for 2022 and we look forward to an exciting 2023!
The Nerd Out team:
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com; LinkedIn Profile.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.