Enjoy our newest podcast accessible on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, and wherever you enjoy your favorite podcasts! See more links on the Anchor page.
In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave is joined by Bridget Johnson and Joe Levy as they talked about some of the hostile events to date in 2023 and looked ahead to the coming faith-based holidays and celebrations in the coming months. Bridget talked about the California shootings and the power of copy cats, while Joe focused attention on the various ways that organizations can deploy security protocols to reduce risk. The nerds then took a look ahead at the upcoming religious holidays and what that might mean for accelerationists and other hate-based groups. Joe then wrapped up talking about the upcoming International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Academy of Venue Safety and Security (AVSS) event that is coming up in Pittsburgh. Registration Information can be found here.
The Nerd Out team:
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com; LinkedIn Profile.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a listen to the Nerd Out! on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.