Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
On the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave goes solo to talk about behavioral analytics, recent reporting and how to merge those together to deliver insights and develop appropriate plans. It’s one thing to have the data, and it’s one thing to have the reports that point to various types of behaviors, but merging them together can be a challenge. Dave also talks to the ways to develop the data if you don’t have a tool. Dave wraps up by giving some thoughts on what he is seeing from the ever expanding extended universes. Is there a reason to be concerned? Could he be losing interest?
Reports mentioned in this podcast include:
- START: PIRUS Dataset Launches Major Update Adding 955 Subjects to the Database, 10 Mar 2023
- U.S. Secret Service: New Secret Service Research Examines for the First Time Five Years of Mass Violence Data, 25 Jan 2023
Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.