Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the latest Episode of Nerd Out, Dave welcomes back Joe Levy and Bridget Johnson to talk about the latest security news and they start off with the recent release of Homeland Security Today’s “‘Homeland’s 50 Trailblazers” which recognizes individuals who have advanced their career in service to the nation, tackled progressively more complex and important responsibilities, addressed or are addressing an urgent homeland security challenge, and continue to forward mission. Even though Dave and Joe were denied yet again, the team talked about what distinguished these individuals before moving on to the release of the DHS 2024 Homeland Threat Assessment which replaced the National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin. Then the merry band of Nerds discussed trends from the summer season as they look ahead to threats in the fall. Dave, Joe and Bridget then wrap up with some football talk and then their own joys of the fall season while teasing the annual fall food draft coming in November!
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate 15. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: email@example.com; LinkedIn Profile.
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.