In the latest episode of Nerd Out, Dave is joined by Alec Davison and Ed Heyman for the first episode of 2024. They opened the discussion recapping some of the events over the past several weeks to include the Prague and Iowa school shootings, cyber threats, natural disasters and health conditions before getting into the ever-expanding conflict in the Middle East and what it may mean for security teams. The group also looks at the impacts these events have had on faith-based organizations and then look ahead to events that could shape 2024.
- Ed Heyman is a security professional with over 30 years of experience in the intelligence and security community and he is the co-chair of the Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analytical Organization (FB-ISAO) Organizational Resilience Group.
- Alec Davison is a threat and risk analyst with Gate 15 where he works with various industries on threat awareness and security preparedness matters.
Some of the links mentioned in this episode include:
- American intel officials warn of risk of Hezbollah attacking U.S.
- Could Hamas Become a Global Threat?
- Drones, street gangs: How Hamas planned to attack Israeli civilians worldwide
- FBI PSA: Threat of Violence Likely Heightened Throughout Winter
- FBI PSA: Malicious Actors Threaten U.S. Synagogues, Schools, Hospitals, and Other Institutions With Bomb Threats
- US Faith-Based Groups Face Increased Threat This Holiday Season
- Threats against Jews, Muslims and Arabs continue on social media: DHS bulletin
- The Signal in the Noise: The 2023 Threats and Those on the Horizon
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests.
The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: email@example.com, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.