The gang is back together as Bridget Johnson and Joe Levy join Dave on the podcast to catch up on what they’ve missed while turning their attention to Ukraine and outdoor events. Regarding Ukraine, the nerdites talked about the effects of the current conflict, TikTok and the evolving information wars to include disinformation and misinformation campaigns on all sides, and what some outcomes may be long term. The gang then turned to thoughts of warmer weather and the upcoming outdoor events and activities. Looking at it through a security lens Bridget, Joe and Dave looked at some important considerations while also keeping focus on those other events leading up to the 2022 election season. Before wrapping up with some pointed security plugs, the team talked about hurricane predictions and outdoor events to look forward to.
The Nerd Out team:
- Joe Levy is the chairman of the International Associate of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee. In addition, Joe is the Chief Operating Officer at the Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts. IAVM website https://www.iavm.org/ Venue Safety and Security committee contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org; LinkedIn Profile.
- Bridget Johnson is the Managing Editor for Homeland Security Today. In addition to her contributions on Homeland Security Today, they are also running a series of webinars (Webinar signups). Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- Dave Pounder is a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: email@example.com.
The Nerd Out is hosted by Dave Pounder, a Senior Risk Analyst for Gate. Twitter: @dpounder; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.