By Jennifer Lyn Walker, The Cybersecurity Evangelist
In this episode of The Cybersecurity Evangelist (TCE), my guest, Shay and I finish our discussion with four more practical tips to the question “Am I doing enough?” along with common household analogies and anecdotes to further elucidate passwords, privacy, patching, and protection. And I probably prattled on too long about passwords, including a note on what “digital inheritance” has to do with cybersecurity and estate planning – oh, yeah, it’s a thing!
Who is Shay Trembley? She is the Information Security Manager at South Blount Utility in Maryville, Tennessee. Prior to her role at South Blount, Shay spent 12 years as the IT Manager and Cyber Awareness Trainer at Foothills Bank & Trust, getting her start in the world of cyber back in 2007. Over the last 13+ years, her experiences in financial fraud, identity theft, and cyber breaches have given her a unique perspective on cybersecurity, both for the workplace and the individual. Those experiences, and her passion for sharing knowledge have led to a career in Information Security and Cyber Awareness. Shay strives to bring everyone to the table on cybersecurity, both at home and at work. And, like a good East Tennessean, she loves Tennessee Football, spending time in the Smoky Mountains, and drinking sweet-tea!
Have a listen, here!
In recognition of NCSAM and #BeCyberSmart, the following resources were discussed in this episode:
- https://staysafeonline.org/, including National Cybersecurity Awareness Month and other NCSA resources
- https://www.cisa.gov/information-sharing-and-awareness (for more on Information Sharing and Analysis Centers)
Again, our hope is that TCE will have a little something for everyone – to provide information and education in small, manageable, relevant snippets to enhance cybersecurity awareness for all.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders