In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour talks with Amanda Mason, Vice President, Intelligence, Related Companies. “Our passion for urban life could not be any stronger. We are committed to moving our communities forward and enriching people’s lives.” – Stephen M. Ross, Chairman & Founder. Amanda on LinkedIn.
In the discussion we address:
- Amanda’s background
- Amanda’s current responsibilities at Related Companies
- COVID and safe and secure operations and reopening
- The recent National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin, Afghanistan and associated concerns
- Terrorism, extremism, and the upcoming 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
- And more!
Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
“We can’t necessarily predict, but we can prepare.”Amanda Mason
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Learn more about Related! https://www.related.com
- New York Post, Real estate giant Related Cos. to require all employees to get vaccinated (02 Aug 2021)
- National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin (13 Aug 2021)
- DHS CISA: MIS, DIS, Malinformation
- DHS CISA: Countering Disinformation In Social Media video
- DHS FEMA: Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program
- DHS FEMA ICS Resource Center
“We have to do our tabletop exercises… we have to think of the worst case scenario.”
”I can’t believe that I get to protect a landmark asset in NYC.”Amanda Mason
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.