Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour welcomes Tom Stockmeyer, Cyware’s Director, Enterprise East, ISAC’s and Federal. Tom is a cybersecurity leader with experience in helping threat sharing communities such as ISACs and ISAOs and their Member companies improve the fidelity of their intel and accelerate threat intel sharing amongst Members. Tom served in the Marine Corps from 1979 to 1983. He has an MBA from the Michael Coles School of Business, Kennesaw University. Tom has held several executive positions, has served on numerous technology Boards.
- Tom on LinkedIn.
In the discussion we address:
- Tom’s background from the Marine Corps to technology, entrepreneurship, to Cyware.
- Information Sharing successes and challenges, ISACs, ISAOs and Cyware helping to secure organizations across the Fortune 1000 and more.
- Challenges to effective info sharing.
- A shoutout to the good work being done at Aviation ISAC.
- Cyware, continuous innovation and automated collective defense.
- Long weekends and holiday threats.
- We play Three Questions and talk microwave food, the Marines, classic rock, classic movies and more!
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Intelligence Sharing is Caring: Collective Defense for a Safer Nation, an article in HS Today by Cyware CEO Anuj Gul, 13 Dec 2023
- Cyware Intel Exchange (CTIX)
- Cyware Collaborate (CSAP)
- Cyware Solutions for ISACs, ISAOs, and CERTs
- The Gate 15 Interview: Jeff Troy, President, Aviation ISAC, on public service, cybersecurity, understanding threats (and… colonizing the ocean?)
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community. Starts in January 2024.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.