Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour welcomes Eric Foster, Chief Operating Officer at Stairwell. Prior startups include Cyderes.com (co-founder under Gary Fish, sold to Apax Partners / merged with Robert Herjavec’s Herjavec Group), RiskIQ.com (sold to Microsoft), MMAjunkie.com (founder, sold to USA Today) and eScout.com (incubation team, sold to PerfectCommerce). Active advisory roles include: Onspring.com, Stairwell.com. Past advisory roles: PhoneFactor (sold to Microsoft). Eric is a recognized domain expert in Information Security, Regulatory Compliance, and CusEricer Success.
In the discussion we address:
- Eric’s origin story
- His experience as a founder and entrepreneur, and the importance of mentorship
- Building high-performance teams and developing corporate culture
- Eric’s work from founding CYDERES to his current work with Stairwell
- The complex intersection of geopolitical threats and increased conflict in a world that is rapidly accelerating in positive directions in technology
- We play Three Questions and talk careers in an alternate universe, flying through space with Elon, Eric’s musical obsessions, and more – including Radiohead and Sleep Token!
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Learn more about the Stairwell Culture
- Google Blog: A new approach to China, January 12, 2010 (in late 2009, Google was the victim of a major cybersecurity attack, code named Operation Aurora)
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: email@example.com, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.