Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour visits with Josh Poster, Intelligence and Analysis Operations Manager for Auto-ISAC. In that role, Josh also serves as the Leader, Auto-ISAC Intel & Analysis Division & Vice Chair, National Council of ISACs (NCI). His past roles have included Program Manager, Public Transportation and Surface Transportation ISACs, Program Manager, Information and Infrastructure Technologies, and Sr. Analyst, Electronic Warfare Associates, among others. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Anthropology and is a long-time leader in the ISAC and homeland security communities. Find Josh on LinkedIn.
‘Preparation is prevention.’Josh Poster
‘Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.’Mike Tyson
In the discussion we address:
- Josh’s background and current position
- Developing trust, the importance of relationships and how those relate to both Auto-ISAC and broader, cross-sector and private-public information sharing
- Building confidence through preparedness
- We name drop longtime National Council of ISACs leaders Health ISAC’s Denise Anderson, IT-ISAC’s Scott Algeier, and Comms ISAC’s Joe Veins, as well as Bob Kolasky, formerly Assistant Director the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and now Exiger’s Senior Vice President of Critical Infrastructure. We also talk about the very valued Auto-ISAC Executive Director, Faye Francy.
- Related: The Gate 15 Interview EP 28: Talking election security, tea and baseball, with Scott Algeier
- The cyber threats facing the automotive industry
- Fishing 🎣, Rainbow Trout, BMX and more!
‘Every single one of our members has a global presence.’Josh Poster
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Automotive Information Sharing And Analysis Center (Auto-ISAC)
- National Council of ISACs (NCI)
- Josh was also a guest on the podcast in September 2022: The Gate 15 Interview: Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022 with the National Cybersecurity Alliance, Auto-ISAC and FS-ISAC! Plus, background! shout-outs!! favorite movies, tigers, and more!!!
- BBC, Industrial espionage: How China sneaks out America’s technology secrets, 17 Jan 2023
- FEMA National Level Exercises and Cyber Storm
- ENISA: The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity
- Japanese Auto-ISAC
- WIRED: Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It, 21 July 2015
- WIRED: The Jeep Hackers Are Back to Prove Car Hacking Can Get Much Worse, 01 Aug 2016
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.