Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour talks with Robert (Bob) Kolasky, “Advancing National Security Risk Management through Technology, Innovation and Governance,” who is presently serving as Senior Vice President for Critical Infrastructure at Exiger, where he is focusing on developing cutting-edge risk management solutions for critical infrastructure companies and supporting government agencies. Leads market strategy for addressing third party and supply chain risk in critical infrastructure and delivering analysis to support enhanced business and government operations. He also serves in a number of other roles including:
- Nonresident Scholar, Technology and International Affairs Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Senior Associate, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Senior Fellow, McCrary Institute at Auburn University
Previously, Bob served as Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Assistant Director, leading the National Risk Management Center (NRMC) and in a number of other critical homeland security roles and responsibilities.
In the discussion:
- We talk on Information Sharing Operations including the grouping of Mis- Dis- and Mal- info and what those terms mean, free speech and private-public coordination, solutions, and a speed round!
- We revisit our discussion on space as critical infrastructure.
- We explore what’s on Bob’s mind, including protecting our supply chains and cloud security.
- Three (more!) Questions with Bob Kolasky as we talk about scooters, the City of Light/the City of Love, and nudging the world in a better direction.
- And more!
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Exiger website
- The DHS Risk Lexicon (PDF)
- COLUMN: Addressing the Homeland Security Threat from China, 18 Jan 2023
- COLUMN: Advancing Homeland Security Risk Governance, 22 Sep 2022
- COLUMN: The Country Can’t Afford a ‘Pause’ on Combating Disinformation and Violence, 15 Jul 2022
- Pro-China Disinformation Campaign Claims US Started Maui Fires in a ‘Weather Weapons’ Experiment, Falsely Citing the UK’s MI6
- 5th Circuit finds Biden White House, CDC likely violated First Amendment
- Bob’s Exiger profile
- The Gate 15 Interview: Bob Kolasky talks critical infrastructure, risk, Guns N’ Roses and pizza! (November 2021)
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: email@example.com, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.