On the latest Risk Roundtable, the Gate 15 team discusses geopolitics and the impacts they have on organizations around the world. The team touches on security concerns around current issues including U.S.-China tensions and why TikTok is a topic of discussion and the idea that how nations and leaders see each other – as adversaries or competitors – is also an important consideration. Listen to Dave, Jorhena, Jen, and Andy then speak on the importance of partnerships and the need to build and engage in trusted relationships and information sharing. But they couldn’t completely escape the enduring threats of ransomware and COVID, and they weighed in on the continued impact it is having on sports leagues while hearing Andy’s hope for his favorite football team. Andy also shares his current earworm struggles and gets mocked for his choice of attire…
Several organizations and resources are mentioned in this edition of the Risk Roundtable, including:
- FireEye and some of their useful resources and APT information.
- MITRE ATT&CK
- CrowdStrike and their blog post, “Meet The Threat Actors: List of APTs and Adversary Groups“
- DHS Hometown Security and Connect, Plan, Train, Report
- The National Council of ISACs (NCI)
- The FBI’s InfraGard
- Fusion Centers
- DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Protective Security Advisor Program (PSA)
- FB-ISAO, The Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analysis Organization
- Presidential Decision Directive 63 (establishing ISACs, 22 May 1998)
- CTI League
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!