On the October Risk Roundtable, Jen, Jorhena, Dave, and Andy go through a plethora of security topics as they introduce the “Opening Shot” before digging deep into some trends they have noted across industries to include the ever present cyber threats (hello, ransomware!), and social media threats, as well as touching on the upcoming elections. Then the team gets personal and talks about some of the things that have kept them busy over the past couple of months, to include Jorhena’s upcoming publication!
Several references, resources, and organizations are mentioned in this episode of the Risk Roundtable, including:
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- CISA: National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM).
- National Cybersecurity Alliance: Stay Safe Online, National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
- NCSAM Champions.
Additional References & Resources
- FBI Social Media Threat Movie: The Nevernight Connection and direct URL to movie.
- US Elections Disinformation Tabletop Exercise Package, 06 Oct. In our discussion, Jorhena mentions this newly complete project. “The publication features four exercises tailored to four key election stakeholder groups: the U.S. intelligence community, media organizations, state and local election officials, and technology platforms. Each exercise consists of a hypothetical scenario followed by discussion questions for all four stakeholder groups, and additional resources.”
- Shodan. “Shodan is the world’s first search engine for Internet-connected devices.”
- Black Hills Information Security: Backdoors & Breaches.
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!