At long last, and after countless suggestions, the team channels their inner “Rock” and brings Critical Infrastructure back to the Risk Roundtable. After discussing Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month and some of the key threats facing critical infrastructures. Andy then guides the team through some quick hits including Jorhena’s appreciation for November also serving as Gratitude Month, or “Dave Pounder Appreciation Month,” Dave encourages listeners to consider Security Mindfulness and Jen making sure we didn’t forget any of the many threats facing Critical Infrastructure. Plus someone is a little sensitive about Spookley the Square Pumpkin. Several references, resources, and organizations are mentioned in this episode of the Risk Roundtable, including:
- White House Annoucncement: Critical Infrastructure and Resilience Month
- CISA Critical Infrastructure Security Resilience Guide
- Media in Disasters and Emergencies: Social Media Working Group for Emergency Services and Disaster Management
- Andy’s Election blog post: Elections Perspective: On November 4th, let us stand together as Americans, 02 Nov 2020
- Security Debrief: A Letter to the Trump Administration – Establish a Faith-Based Sector of Critical Infrastructure, 15 Jun 2020
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!