You can hear the February 2021 edition of Gate 15’s Risk Roundtable podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
After opening up about their love of Groundhog Day, the holiday and movie, the Risk Roundtable gang gets into the meat of their security discussions addressing an extremism and hostile events related arrest in Singapore, upcoming notable dates and significant events to factor into consideration, and the global takedown of Emotet (the malware, not Imhotep the Egyptian…). Then in the Risk Roulette, which Dave still does not have good music for, the group discusses if there are any commonalities to consider when looking at the recent Robinhood / WallStreetBets activity and the 06 Jan Capitol Siege, as well as the ongoing investigation and discovery relating to Solar Winds. The gang wraps it all up with some personal preferences before Andy tries to convince himself that the Lions are still a football team destined for greatness. Some of the links referenced in the show include:
- Bellingcat: The QAnon Timeline: Four Years, 5,000 Drops and Countless Failed Prophecies, 29 Jan.
- EUROPOL: World’s Most Dangerous Malware EMOTET Disrupted Through Global Action, 27 Jan.
- U.S. Department. of Justice: Emotet Botnet Disrupted in International Cyber Operation, 28 Jan.
- Graham Cluley on Tripwire: Emotet botnet takedown – what you need to know, 28 Jan.
- SANS: The Conficker Worm
- Bleeping Computer: Fonix ransomware shuts down and releases master decryption key, 29 Jan.
- Popular Mechanics: Why Joe Biden Can’t Bring His Peloton to the White House, 14 Jan.
- Graham Cluley: Is Joe Biden’s Peloton a cybersecurity risk? Don’t sweat about it, 21 Jan.
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!