Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the latest episode of the Risk Roundtable, Andy, Jen, and Dave look at some recent events (Oldsmar) while looking ahead to upcoming events that may present risks (Qanon, the George Floyd murder trial, and upcoming religious holidays) but only after talking about Andy’s taste in shirts. Then in the roulette round, which Dave forgot again to find music for (or did he…?), Dave wonders about weather preparedness is overhyped while Jen circles back to lessons learned from Solar Winds and the concept of “zero trust” – not in Andy and Dave, but in terms of cybersecurity. The gang wraps up talking about some of their struggles and what they are watching. But that’s not all – after the credits Dave may have redeemed himself with a new theme for the roulette round. All that, plus references to the timeless Spaceballs and Three’s Company. Some of the references, resources, and organizations mentioned in this month’s episode:
- YouTube: Treatment Plant Intrusion Press Conference, 08 Feb.
- WaterISAC: 15 Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Gate 15: Blended Threats: Did Florida’s Cyber Attack Whet Your Appetite for Better Preparedness and Security?
- NSA: NSA Issues Guidance on Zero Trust Security Model
- Forrester: Zero Trust Is Not A Security Solution; It’s A Strategy
- The Hacker News: SolarWinds Blame Intern for Weak Password That Led to Biggest Attack in 2020
- Vice: QAnon Isn’t So Sure Trump Will Magically Become President Again on March 4
- Ready.gov: Plan Ahead for Disasters
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!