Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Security awareness months kick into high gear and the Risk Roundtable crew gives their thoughts on the variety of acronym disasters (NPM, NITAM, NCISRM, NCAM, XYZPDQ…) and cut to the heart of each one – Preparedness and Awareness! The group then talks about some of the ongoing protest activities and look ahead to some upcoming events including the “Justice for J6” event. Continuing the preparedness theme, and switching to the Roulette Round, the Roundtable turned to one of everyone’s favorite security researchers – Troy Hunt and him living his best life while making everyone aware of their risks as well as a lively debate on passwords. Toss in some comments about severe weather preparedness and whatever Andy wanted to go off on and the group with wrapped up with some fun (even questionable…) questions. Still not sure why everyone shudders at green holidays…
Some of the references from our podcast and additional resources include:
- National Preparedness Month: Ready.gov:www.ready.gov/september
- National Insider Threat Awareness Month: www.odni.gov/index.php/ncsc-features/2834
- Ransomware Guidance | Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technologies Anne Neuberger, 02 Sep 2021.
- Ransomware Guidance | The White House Memo to Industry on Ransomware: Take Action (Now): gate15.global/the-white-house-memo-to-industry-on-ransomware-take-action-now/
- Stuff Off Search | CISA: www.cisa.gov/publication/stuff-off-search
- Pen Test Partners: From open Guest Wi-Fi to pwning a lift, 03 Sep 2021
- NCSC: NCSC lifts lid on three random words password logic, 06 Aug 2021
- James DeMeo – What’s Your Plan? jamesademeo.com
- Acronym vs. Initialism vs. Abbreviation With Examples
Troy Hunt Montage:
- Twitter: @troyhunt
- TroyHunt from BlackHat Asia Lessons from 11 Billion Breached Records (edited)
- The referenced tweet by Russell Howe @rhowe212 ‘The world is broken, but @troyhunt is great’
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!