Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
The discussions were lively on the latest edition of the Risk Roundtable as Jen showed off her inner nerd! 🤓 With Andy nursing an injury, Dave and Jen took off on topics ranging from the latest White House memos on improving critical infrastructure to the troubling trends on COVID and what it all means for businesses and organizations. In the Roulette Round (Dave is on a record-setting two pod winning streak with the theme music…) the Roundtable talked about some all-hazards extreme weather threats and preparedness for the upcoming religious holidays before Jen “nerded out” on various reports on new CVEs and displayed a very nerdy t-shirt to boot! Andy got his strength back for his three questions as Dave revealed his disgust over some veggies and lack of love for a historic band!
Some of the references from our podcast and additional resources include:
- National Security Memorandum on Improving Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure Control Systems (28 Jul 2021)
- Background Press Call on Improving Cybersecurity of U.S. Critical Infrastructure (28 Jul 2021)
- FACT SHEET: Biden Administration Announces Further Actions to Protect U.S. Critical Infrastructure (28 Jul 2021)
- 2021 CWE Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Weaknesses
- Joint Cybersecurity Advisory: Top Routinely Exploited Vulnerabilities (28 Jul 2021)
- Water and Wastewater Systems: Cybersecurity 2021 State of the Sector (June 2021)
- Water-ISAC: U.S. Senate Examines Water Sector Cybersecurity (22 Jul 2021). This link is a summary and provides background and links to the recording of the hearing.
- Bridget Johnson’s COVID Article in HS Today, “COVID-19: A Plea to Learn from Those Who Have Suffered and Lost” (27 Jul 2021)
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!