Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the first Risk Roundtable of 2022 – the gang is finally back in the same country again to talk about the latest security issues. Not that they went back in time, but harkening back to the Cold War, the Roundtable talked about the current tensions between Ukraine and Russia. Highlighting the differences from that bygone era, Jen talked about the global reach that Russia has to target organizations well beyond the European Continent. Dave then expounded and reminded listeners of the importance of looking at capabilities and not focused on a far off land. Then Jen gave Andy much credit for recognizing one of our favorites, Troy Hunt, Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, and of ‘Have I Been Pwned’ fame. Troy, and others noted in the Gate 15 blog post below, provide a lot of great services and resources at no cost. Before going into Andy’s three questions, Dave propounded on the recently released Global Risk Report from the World Economic Forum. The gang ended on some fun talking about Valentine’s Day, Quantum Leap, and The Book of Boba Fett!
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- Link to Ronnie Tokazowski YouTube interview with Andy in last month’s The Gate 15 Interview, via Ronnie Rants
- CISA‘s known exploited vulnerabilities catalog
- Gate 15 | Opinion: ‘The best things in life are free…’ like HIBP (but maybe chip in!)
- WEF’s 2022 Global Risk Report
- CIS Controls
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!