Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the latest Risk Roundtable, Andy, Jen, and Dave talk about the war in Ukraine and what it means for preparedness. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade and not allow personal, political or other bias to affect your organization’s analysis or preparedness. While Andy and Dave throw flags on their previous predictions, Jen brings us back to reality and talks about being aware, being prepared, and reminds “don’t panic.” Andy then drills down on bias and how it can have an impact on organizations.
During the Roulette Round, Jen talked about CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog, vulnerabilities, and patching (while Dave ensured it wasn’t his Windows 2000 computer exposure that Jen was referring to…), then Dave brought up the importance of disaster preparedness in light of spring and summer severe weather events. Andy wrapped things up with a quick talk about the “People’s Convoy” and the battle of the Washington, D.C. Beltway! The pod wraps up with three questions – from COVID predictions, to Andy’s confusion about when seasons start, to Batman.
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- CISA’s Shields Up webpage
- CISA: Russia Cyber Threat Overview and Advisories
- Gate 15: Russian Cybersecurity Threats: 5 Asks from the FBI (03 Mar 22)
- Bridget Johnson on Twitter, and at Homeland Security Today (HS Today)
- CISA Adds 95 Known Exploited Vulnerabilities to Catalog (03 Mar 22)
- WaterISAC: Update (March 3, 2021) – 95 Added to CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog (03 Mar 22)
- Microsoft: Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks (12 May 17)
- ZDNet: Ransomware attack: Hospitals still struggling in aftermath of WannaCrypt’s rampage (15 May 17)
- Gate 15: Perspective – Operational Coordination and Information Sharing: Complimentary Capabilities not Competing Competencies (16 Feb)
- Gate 15: GAO: Improve the coordination and information sharing between CISA and Information Sharing partners (02 Mar)
- And check out our upcoming Hostile Event Preparedness Education we mentioned-our three part series starting this month, online for free!
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!