Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Little did Andy know when he let Dave take the controls that he would turn it into a mini-McLaughlin Group (those in the DMV know). In this format, Andy and Jen talked about four key questions around Ukraine while Dave attempted to moderate. This discussion dove deep into concerns around the current conflict in the Ukraine, Russian capabilities and organizational defenses, as well as key areas for organizations to remain mindful of! The group landed with a dud when a pop star question fell flat, but Jen quickly picked up and talked about her recent conference attendance and meeting some of our favorite security people, including our friends from REN-ISAC and CISA’s Jen Easterly!. The group wrapped up with some some reminders and quick hits before heading into Andy’s three questions where he led Jen and Dave into another conversation mostly about nothing but somehow once again allowing Andy to carry-on about his favorite music…
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- CISA’s Shields Up webpage
- CISA Shields Up Technical Guidance
- Critical Infrastructure Defense Project: Rapidly Improving Cyber Readiness for US Critical Infrastructure, a joint effort from Cloudflare, CrowdStrike, and Ping Identity
- CyberScoop: In response to Russia threat, US cybersecurity firms offer free services, data, threat intel, by Tonya Riley, @TonyaJoRiley, 28 Feb 22
- CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog
- CISA: Mitigating Attacks Against Uninterruptible Power Supply Devices, 29 Mar 22
- CISA: State-Sponsored Russian Cyber Actors Targeted Energy Sector from 2011 to 2018, 24 Mar 22
- CISA: Strengthening Cybersecurity of SATCOM Network Providers and Customers, 17 Mar 22
- CISA: Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Access Network Misconfigured with Default MFA Protocols, 15 Mar 22
- FBI Private Industry Notification: TRITON Malware Remains Threat to Global Critical Infrastructure Industrial Control Systems (ICS), 24 Mar 22
- And check out our upcoming Hostile Event Preparedness Education we mentioned-our three part series starting this month, online for free!
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!