Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
On the latest episode of the Risk Roundtable, Andy leads Dave and Jen through a discussion of the various awareness campaigns and how these efforts do a great job of providing resources and materials for all organizations, big and small. Focusing first on Cybersecurity Awareness Month that is ongoing in the month of October, Jen talked through the messaging, the themes (See Yourself in Cyber) and the importance of each of us doing our part. Later in the podcast, Dave shared his thoughts on National Insider Threat Awareness Month that concluded in September and the theme of Critical Thinking for Digital Space and how, again, everyone can do their part. The team also talked about security preparedness for the upcoming holidays. Andy capitalized on the discussion to talk about security awareness and mindfulness to appreciate, regardless of who you are and what your beliefs are. To cap off the episode, Andy took the roundtable through his three questions to include the always spicy debates on pumpkin pie and pumpkin flavored drinks.
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- National Cybersecurity Alliance: Be A Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champion (10 Jun 2022)
- The Gate 15 Interview: Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022 with the National Cybersecurity Alliance, Auto-ISAC and FS-ISAC! Plus, background! shout-outs!! favorite movies, tigers, and more!!! (26 Sep 2022)
- Rob Joyce, @NSA_CSDirector, Director of Cybersecurity at NSA, @NSAgov, @NSAcyber, and his Cybersecurity Awareness Month Dilemma…
- Catalin Cimpanu, @campuscodi, newsletters and podcasts at @RiskyDotBiz “Ex-cybersecurity reporter” on his joy for the annual Cybersecurity Awareness Month (Catalin kindly shared the above-noted Gate 15 Interview)
- Microsoft: Analyzing attacks using the Exchange vulnerabilities CVE-2022-41040 and CVE-2022-41082 (30 Sep 2022, and 01 Oct update) and related information:
- SANS ISC: Exchange Server 0-Day Actively Exploited (03 Oct 2022)
- Help Net Security: MS Exchange zero-days: The calm before the storm? (03 Oct 2022)
- Tenable: CVE-2022-41040 and CVE-2022-41082: ProxyShell Variant Exploited in the Wild (30 Sep 2022)
- Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Hawaii: Major in the United States Army and a Maryland Doctor Facing Federal Indictment for Allegedly Providing Confidential Health Information to a Purported Russian Representative to Assist Russia Related to the Conflict In Ukraine (29 Sep 2022)
- Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Maryland: Honolulu Man Pleads Guilty to Sabotaging Former Employer’s Computer Network (28 Sep 2022)
- Gate 15 Insider Threats Resources Page
- National Counter Terrorism Center: 2021 U.S. Violent Extremist Mobilization Indicators Booklet
- RAND: Countering Truth Decay; A RAND Initiative to Restore the Role of Facts and Analysis in Public Life
- An important Tweet and debate from Anne Cutler with comments from Jason Tighe Easterly, Andy Jabbour, and Jennifer Lynn Walker on pumpkins, squash, coffee, flavored drinks, and more! Dave Pounder: “I drink my coffee black (with cream and sugar…)”
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
You can subscribe and enjoy The Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. The full menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!