Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Extremism and Terrorism:
- START – Major update to PIRUS dataset adds 955 U.S. subjects from 2019-2021, 09 Mar
- START – Profiles of Individual Radicalization in the United States – PIRUS (Keshif)
- Press Release via Yahoo! Terrorist attacks more deadly, despite decline in the West, 14 Mar, PDF and complete report, Institute for Economics & Peace: Global Terrorism Index 2023
- Catholic Vote: 300th Catholic Church Attacked Since 2020, 13 Mar
- WEF: Fears of a global banking crisis, and other economy stories you need to read this week, 17 Mar
- CNN: Bank fears escalate as Wall Street wonders: Who’s next?, 16 Mar
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report:
- The Guardian: Scientists deliver ‘final warning’ on climate crisis: act now or it’s too late, 20 Mar
- IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, 20 Mar
- IPCC IPCO Sixth Assessment Report Working Group 1: The Physical Science Basis; Summary for Policymakers
- BBC: UN climate report: Scientists release ‘survival guide’ to avert climate disaster, 20 Mar
- New York Time: Earth to Hit Critical Warming Threshold by Early 2030s, Climate Panel Says, 20 Mar
- New York Post: NYC bracing for unrest after Trump calls for protests over possible arrest, indictment, 19 Mar
- The Register: LockBit brags: We’ll leak thousands of SpaceX blueprints stolen from supplier, 13 Mar
- CISA: CISA Establishes Ransomware Vulnerability Warning Pilot Program, 13 Mar
- DOJ: Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta Issues Statement on the FBI’s Supplemental 2021 Hate Crime Statistics, 13 Mar
- Senator Mark Warner: Warner, Blackburn, Colleagues Request Cybersecurity Analysis of Chinese-Made Drones (link not posted here but you can search the subject line or read related here, from The Record: Senators call on CISA to examine cybersecurity risks of Chinese consumer drones, 16 Mar
- SEC: SEC Proposes New Requirements to Address Cybersecurity Risks to the U.S. Securities Markets, 15 Mar
- CyberScoop: Presidential advisory council recommends cyber mandates for critical infrastructure, 14 Mar
In this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the following topics:
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.