Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the following topics:
- Gate 15’s Blue Jeans Workshops: Addressing MDM Threats While Protecting Free Speech; Identify and Address MDM (Mis- Dis- and Mal-information) Threats to Critical Infrastructure, While Protecting Free Speech Rights.
- Nashville Police: Covenant Investigation Update. “Audrey Hale acted totally alone…planning over a period of months to commit mass murder at The Covenant School… motive for Hale’s actions has not been established and remains under investigation…The investigation shows that Hale fired a total of 152 rounds…”
- Maryland Man Charged for Making a Threatening Phone Call to an LGBTQ Advocacy Group. “The message referenced the March 27 mass shooting at a school in Nashville, Tennessee, involving multiple shooting fatalities, where the perpetrator was publicly identified as being transgender. During the call, numerous threats were made including, ‘…We’ll cut your throats. We’ll put a bullet in your head….You’re going to kill us? We’re going to kill you ten times more in full.’”
- 19-year-old charged with plotting shootings at Colorado Springs school, churches & Would-be Colorado school shooter’s mom says it was ‘family decision’ to call cops
- Texas Man Pleads Guilty to Hate Crime and Arson for Setting Fire to Synagogue
- Religious leader stabbed during prayer session at Paterson mosque
- DC church amps up security for Easter after unusual incident, pastor says
- Hostility Against Churches Is on the Rise in the United States. “…findings indicate that criminal acts against churches have been steadily on the rise for the past several years.”
- Ex-convict’s letters to shooter foretold Las Vegas massacre. “Letters addressing the gunman who in October 2017 unleashed the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history in Las Vegas…foretold the carnage to come, according to documents obtained Friday.”
- New from WaterISAC! Physical Security Case Study: Criminal and Suspicious Activity at a Wastewater Utility
- Oakland Acknowledges Ransomware Attack Has Worsened
- A third of organizations admit to covering up data breaches. “Bitdefender found that 42% of IT and security professionals surveyed had been told to keep breaches confidential — i.e., to cover them up — when they should have been reported.”
- THE CYBERSECURITY 202: ‘Disrupting’ hackers is key, says Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco
- FBI Seizes Bot Shop ‘Genesis Market’ Amid Arrests Targeting Operators, Suppliers. “Several domain names tied to Genesis Market, a bustling cybercrime store that sold access to passwords and other data stolen from millions of computers infected with malicious software, were seized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today… ‘dozens’ of arrests in the United States and abroad targeting those who allegedly operated the service.”
- Ransomware! Rorschach – A New Sophisticated And Fast Ransomware; Check Point Research Unveil “Rorschach” – Previously Unseen, Fastest Ever Ransomware & The old way: BabLock, new ransomware quietly cruising around Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
- Leaked Top Secret and Secret documents, suspected to have been altered, reveal Ukrainian military vulnerabilities and information about allies including Israel, South Korea and Turkey.
- Ukraine War Plans Leak Prompts Pentagon Investigation; Classified documents detailing secret American and NATO plans have appeared on Twitter and Telegram.
- Pentagon investigates reported leak of top-secret Ukraine documents
- Leaked US secret NATO-Ukraine war docs likely altered, say experts
- Russia Media: Leaked documents sketch out scenarios for Israeli arms pipeline to Kiev
- The U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan, view the PDF: U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan; This document outlines the key decisions and challenges surrounding the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- DOD: Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the Defense Department’s Afghanistan After Action Review
- State: After Action Review on Afghanistan
- Comer Slams the Biden Administration’s Excuses for the Disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal
- Happy April! A new month means new areas of focus! CISA and Partners Launch National Supply Chain Integrity Month, and hear more from Bob Kolasky and HS Today. And also, CISA: Emergency Communications Month Starts Today—GET Connected and Stay Connected! Welcome to the second annual Emergency Communications Month!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.