Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the latest Security Sprint, Dave and Andy touched on some significant milestones and notable incidents and security reports.
- Happy 20th, REN-ISAC! via REN-ISAC
- CISA 2022 Year in Review and Jen Easterly’s blog post, ‘Looking Back to Chart Our Path Forward, 12 Jan 2023 (Andy and Dave also pause to comment on some recent commentary regarding CISA)
Incidents & Reports:
- CNN, Searches for victims continue a day after tornadoes and storms strike the South, killing at least 9, 13 Jan 2023
- The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, A Survey of the 2023 Terrorism Threat Landscape, by Christine Abizaid, 10 Jan 2023
- FAA NOTAM Statement, 11 Jan 2023
- BBC, Industrial espionage: How China sneaks out America’s technology secrets, 17 Jan 2023
- Analyst1, Ransomware Diaries: Volume 1, January 2023 and Andy’s ransomware Tweet (h/t @ecrime_ch)
- Ars Technica, Vulnerability with 9.8 severity in Control Web Panel is under active exploit, 12 Jan 2023, and NSA Cybersecurity Director Rob Joyce on Twitter
- Reuters, Exclusive: Russian hackers targeted U.S. nuclear scientists, 06 Jan 2023
- DW, US invests millions to expose regime to North Koreans, 16 Jan 2023
- Meduza, Phishing scam invites Russian Telegram users to check ‘conscription lists’ to see if they’ll be drafted in February, 13 Jan 2023
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.