Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Gate 15 is on Threads! Give us a follow and join us: @gate_15_resilience
In this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talk about the topics below. For more of these and other security updates, subscribe to our free daily report, delivered directly to your inbox, the Gate 15 SUN. To subscribe, please email Gate15@Gate15.global.
Blended Threats: How to Bridge the Gap Between Cybersecurity and Physical Security
See Something , Say Something.
- If You See Something, Say Something® Awareness Day | Homeland Security. Play a role on national “If You See Something, Say Something®” Awareness Day, on September 25. We can all help keep safe by learning the indicators.
- FBI Director Wray issues warning about number of Russian spies in the US
- Terrorism and Immigration: A Risk Analysis, 1975–2022
- Yet Another Study Debunks The ‘YouTube’s Algorithm Drives People To Extremism’ Argument
Devastation in Morocco
- Morocco earthquake live briefing: Almost 2,500 dead; officials accept search-and-rescue help
- The destruction in Morocco in maps, videos and photos
- Morocco earthquake: foreign aid teams join efforts to find survivors
- Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills. This year’s International ShakeOut Day is October 19, when millions of people worldwide will participate in earthquake drills at work, school, or home! At 10:19 a.m. (local time) on 10/19, you can join millions of people across the world practicing earthquake safety.
- As discussed, how to donate
Swatting: Click Here podcast: 83. “Ding-dong ditch” on steroids
- Bomb threat at Arlington National Cemetery delays funeral services
- Swatting started in the gaming world and it’s coming for the rest of us
- Los Altos Hills synagogue evacuated after Shabbat bomb threat
- 🇺🇸 🇨🇳
- China’s military seeks to exploit U.S. troops, veterans, general warns
- Pro-China Disinformation Campaign Claims US Started Maui Fires in a ‘Weather Weapons’ Experiment, Falsely Citing the UK’s MI6
- Chinese Gate-Crashers at U.S. Bases Spark Espionage Concerns; Washington has tracked about 100 incidents involving Chinese nationals trying to access American military and other installationsHongkonger John Shing-wan Leung ‘posed as philanthropist’ to spy on China for US
- US, Canadian warships transit Taiwan Strait in latest joint mission
- Health-ISAC Members Prove To Be Resilient and Avoid the Wall of Shame, by Errol Weiss on LinkedIn. This is a great post and a great example of the power of a healthy ISAC/ISAO. “When we looked at the OCR data in August 2023, we found that in almost every case, the companies that had a data breach incident – nearly 92%– are not members of Health-ISAC. I believe this is no coincidence.”
- MGM Resorts says it identified ‘cybersecurity issue’ that’s affecting some of company’s systems (a lot more in the 12 Sep issue of the SUN)
- Annual Peak Of Atlantic Hurricane Season Has Arrived
- International report confirms record-high greenhouse gases, global sea levels in 2022
- DOJ: Multiple Foreign Nationals Charged in Connection with Trickbot Malware and Conti Ransomware Conspiracies
- CISA Releases Capacity Enhancement Guide to Strengthen Agency Resilience to DDoS Attack
- This and so much on ransomware, hate crimes, much, much more, daily in the Gate 15 SUN. To be subscribed for free please email Gate15@Gate15.global
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.