Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
On this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy provided insights and additional thoughts into the following incidents and security news items.
- Rolling Stone: An 11th Victim Has Died From ‘Extensive Injuries’ Following Monterey Park Shooting, 23 Jan
- Heavy: Huu Can Tran, Monterey Park Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, 23 Jan
- DOJ: Evergreen Man Arrested for Making Threats of Violence to Law Enforcement Agencies and a Performing Arts Group, 17 Jan
- HS Today: Colorado Man Accused of Threatening Mass Shootings at FBI, DHS; Used FBI’s Online Tip Form, 17 Jan
- White House: Statement from President Joe Biden on the Shooting in Monterey Park, California, 22 Jan
- Chainanalysis: 2023 Crypto Crime Trends: Illicit Cryptocurrency Volumes Reach All-Time Highs Amid Surge in Sanctions Designations and Hacking, 12 Jan
- Coveware: Improved Security and Backups Result in Record Low Number of Ransomware Payments, 20 Jan
- Gate 15: Blended Threats (update 1.1): Understanding an Evolving Threat Environment, 01 Mar 2018
- The Record: Samsung investigating claims of hack on South Korea systems, internal employee platform, 20 Jan
- WBRZ 2, ABC News: Cyber attack on clerk of court systems prompts sheriff’s sale cancellations, 17 Jan
- The Register: Punch-drunk Apple Watch called 15 cops to a boxing workout when it heard ‘shots’, 19 Jan
- CNN: High egg prices may tempt you to start your own backyard flock, but chickens carry some health risks, 19 Jan
- FBI: Ten Most Wanted Fugitives FAQ
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.