Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Gate 15 is on Threads! Give us a follow and join us: @gate_15_resilience
In this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talk about the topics below. For more of these and other security updates, subscribe to our free daily report, delivered directly to your inbox, the Gate 15 SUN. To subscribe, please email Gate15@Gate15.global.
Check out this post we referenced at the top of the podcast:
- US critical infrastructure sector faces cyber threats surge in 2023, calls for urgent action, enhanced measures with input from Denise Anderson, President and CEO of the Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (Health-ISAC), and Gate 15’s own Jennifer Lyn Walker, in her capacity as Director of Infrastructure Cyber Defense for WaterISAC.
DHS Releases Physical Security Performance Goals for Faith-Based Communities. Building on longstanding efforts and redoubling work to support faith-based communities in response to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, today, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), through Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), released new resources to help houses of worship and other faith-based organizations enhance their security. These Physical Security Performance Goals – modeled after the successful Cybersecurity Performance Goals – are a collection of cost-effective actions specifically tailored for faith-based organizations that can be implemented to reduce risk without sacrificing accessibility. This is the latest resource the Biden-Harris Administration is offering to faith-based organizations in response to the current heightened threat environment.
“While the threat environment continues to be challenging across all faiths, houses of worship and other faith-based organizations and people are often targets. Preparedness is key to mitigating risk… The Physical Security Performance Goals for Faith-Based Communities resource provides a visual guide to a goal setting activity that can help houses of worship and faith-based organizations prioritize security goals based on understanding their unique risk. The guide will be especially helpful to less resourced houses of worship.”Mayya Saab, Executive Director of the Faith-Based Information Sharing and Analysis Organization and DHS Faith-Based Security Advisory Council Member “
- The Record at Recorded Future: FBI explains how companies can delay SEC cyber incident disclosures
- CrowdStrike: How Malicious Insiders Use Known Vulnerabilities Against Their Organizations
- Trend Micro’s 2023 Review: Reflecting on Cybersecurity Trends
- Texas Bomb Threats
- Congressional Hearing on ORC
- FEMA Advisory: FEMA’s National Preparedness Report Highlights Cyber Security, Building Codes and Individual Preparedness for a Resilient Nation
- Google’s Year in Search
- CISA: Cybersecurity Performance Goals: Assessing How CPGs Help Organizations Reduce Cyber Risk
- CISA and International Partners Release Advisory on Russia-based Threat Actor Group, Star Blizzard
- Two Russian Nationals Working with Russia’s Federal Security Service Charged with Global Computer Intrusion Campaign
- Apple Report: 2.6 billion personal records compromised by data breaches in past two years — underscoring need for end‑to‑end encryption
- Forescout Vedere Labs discloses 21 new vulnerabilities affecting OT/IoT routers
- Sellafield nuclear site hacked by groups linked to Russia and China
- Ministers pressed by Labour over cyber-attack at Sellafield by foreign groups
- Britain dismisses report claiming Sellafield nuclear site hacking, says no malware exists on our system
- Cannabis Security
- Burglaries at over 40 Denver-area marijuana dispensaries lead to charges for members of two organized crime groupsPolice Log: Man Arrested for Armed Robbery at Dispensary, Employee Busted for Stealing PackagesSuspect charged in break-in at Ferndale cannabis store‘Horrifying’: Store clerk kicked unconscious in string of violent cannabis robberiesWhy was the Ontario Cannabis Store sitting on a CA$500 million cash stockpile?
- US man arrested for ‘religiously motivated’ attack in Australia
- Wyden Seeks Answers from Justice Department On Alleged Surveillance of Apple and Google Mobile Push Notifications
- ChatGPT tool could be abused by scammers and hackers
- HHS Announces Next Steps in Ongoing Work to Enhance Cybersecurity for Health Care and Public Health Sectors
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community. Starts in January 2024.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.