Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Gate 15 is on Threads! Give us a follow and join us: @gate_15_resilience!
In this Week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the topics below. For more of these and other security updates, subscribe to our free daily report, delivered directly to your inbox, the Gate 15 SUN. To subscribe, please email Gate15@Gate15.global.
Exciting ISAC Announcements!
- Tribal-ISAC joins National Council of ISACS for cyber security, information sharing
- Japanese Auto-ISAC and Auto-ISAC Formalize Agreement to Enhance Vehicle Cybersecurity
Severe Weather Awareness
- Iowa Caucus Impacts
- Texas “Freeze”
- Buffalo Bills great stadium dig-out
SEC X Compromise
- SEC account hack renews spotlight on X’s security concerns
- US SEC says breach of its X account did not lead to breach of broader SEC systems
- A Hacker’s Perspective: Social Media Account Takeover Prevention Guide
Physical Threats: Malicious Actors Threaten U.S. Synagogues, Schools, Hospitals, and Other Institutions With Bomb Threats, 12 Jan. “Since 8 December 2023, the FBI has opened investigations on more than 100 separate threats targeting more than 1,000 institutions in 42 states and the District of Columbia. Many of these messages contain similar wording and were sent using publicly available encrypted email tools. The threats originate from multiple IP addresses, which are likely obscured using tools such as Virtual Private Networks. The largest category of threatened institutions, over 400, are synagogues or Jewish community centers, followed by schools or school districts, and hospitals or hospital networks.”
- New FB-ISAO Newsletter! FB-ISAO Newsletter, v6, Issue 1.
- Performance Goals Can Help Bolster Security
- Ransomware: Are Non-Profits Immune?
- Spotlight: The Cyber Threat Intelligence Working Group (super exciting news!)
- Upcoming Events
- US, UK launch retaliatory strikes against Houthis in Yemen
- Protests erupt outside Yemen Mission in NYC to condemn US attacks on Houthi rebels — some protesters attacking couple holding Israeli flag: ‘Long live Hamas, you piece of s–t!’
- Joint Statement from the Governments of Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, United Kingdom, and the United States
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on Coalition Strikes in Houthi-Controlled Areas of Yemen
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials and Senior Military Official on Developments in the Middle East
- FBI arrests Florida man accused of threatening ‘mass casualty event’
- American intel officials warn of risk of Hezbollah attacking U.S.
- Ivanti Vulnerabilities
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security Ivanti Connect Secure and Ivanti Policy Secure gateways zero-day vulnerabilities
- Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars Worth of Solana Cryptocurrency Assets Stolen in Recent CLINKSINK Drainer Campaigns
- The vulnerability forecast for 2024
- WEF: Global Cybersecurity Outlook 2024
- Joint Report on the Implementation of the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: email@example.com, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.