Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Gate 15 is on Threads! Give us a follow and join us: @gate_15_resilience!
In this Week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the topics below. For more of these and other security updates, subscribe to our free daily report, delivered directly to your inbox, the Gate 15 SUN. To subscribe, please email Gate15@Gate15.global.
ISAC & CISA Updates!
- New Tribal-ISAC podcasts!
- CISA Releases 2023 Year in Review!
- Critical Incident Review: Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School
- Full Report
- Executive Summary
- ‘Cascading failures’ in police response to Uvalde school shooting, DoJ report finds
- Uvalde shooting report sharply critical of police response, leaders
- Check Point Research: 2023 – The year of Mega Ransomware attacks with unprecedented impact on global organizations
- New ransomware:
- First American cyber incident expected to impact Q4 2023 financials; Delayed closing due to the Dec. 20, 2023, cyber incident are expected to lead to weaker fourth quarter financials at the title firm
- Toronto Zoo says staff personal info stolen in ransomware cyberattack
- Ransomware negotiation: When cybersecurity meets crisis management
- Mimo CoinMiner and Mimus Ransomware Installed via Vulnerability Attacks
- And so much more shared daily in the Gate 15 SUN
US Secret Service: Live Virtual Presentations on Targeted Violence Prevention. The U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC) is pleased to offer new opportunities to attend live virtual presentations on preventing targeted violence. In these presentations, our expert researchers will share findings and implications from decades of research on targeted violence and offer strategies for preventing acts of violence impacting the places where we work, learn, worship, and otherwise live our daily lives. This list of available virtual training events is regularly updated, and presentation topics change from month to month. To learn more about this series of live virtual presentations, or to register for one or more of these events, please follow the link below. Register Here
- New USGS map shows where damaging earthquakes are most likely to occur in US
- USCP Threat Assessment Cases for 2023
- Authorities map out potential threats ahead of New Hampshire primary
- OpenAI bans bot impersonating US presidential candidate Dean Phillips
- AI is destabilizing ‘the concept of truth itself’ in 2024 election
- Former Jan. 6 Select Committee deleted more than 100 encrypted files from its probe in the days before Republicans took over the House majority
- CISA and FBI Release Known IOCs Associated with Androxgh0st Malware
- Cybersecurity Guidance: Chinese-Manufactured UAS
- Incident Response Guide for the WWS Sector
- CISA Issues Emergency Directive on Ivanti Vulnerabilities
- Open Doors: World Watch List 2024
- The Committee for Religious Liberty of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Annual Report on the State of Religious Liberty in the United States, January 16, 2024 (PDF)
- Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology Tropical cyclone forecast
- New TTPs observed in Mint Sandstorm campaign targeting high-profile individuals at universities and research orgs
- Liverpool teenager accused of plotting to kill ‘at least 50’ in suicide attack
- Inside the Massive Naz.API Credential Stuffing List
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.