Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Spotify for Podcasters link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
Gate 15 is on Threads! Give us a follow and join us: @gate_15_resilience!
In this Week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the topics below. For more of these and other security updates, subscribe to our free daily report, delivered directly to your inbox, the Gate 15 SUN. To subscribe, please email Gate15@Gate15.global.
- Police Arrest Teen Said to Be Linked to Hundreds of Swatting Attacks
- CISA’s Easterly the target of ‘harrowing’ swatting incident
- Nikki Haley targeted in ‘swatting’ incident at her home
- Cleveland Clinic confiscated 30K weapons last year
- Security guard accused in Edmonton city hall shooting makes court appearance
- FTC: FTC and DOJ Update Guidance That Reinforces Parties’ Preservation Obligations for Collaboration Tools and Ephemeral Messaging
- Risky Biz News: DOJ and FTC tell companies to stop deleting chats
- UK NCSC: Global ransomware threat expected to rise with AI, NCSC warns
- UK NCSC: The near-term impact of AI on the cyber threat.
- British intelligence warns AI will cause surge in ransomware volume and impact
- CISA Joins ACSC-led Guidance on How to Use AI Systems Securely
- UK NCSC: The near-term impact of AI on the cyber threat
- NZ NCSC: Joint Guidance: Engaging with Artificial Intelligence
- OpenAI and Other Tech Giants Will Have to Warn the US Government When They Start New AI Projects
- Fact Sheet: Biden-Harris Administration Announces Key AI Actions Following President Biden’s Landmark Executive Order
- OpenAI Quietly Scrapped a Promise to Disclose Key Documents to the Public
- Water Sector ransomware and other updates:
- Chairs Rodgers and Carter Announce Subcommittee Hearing on Ensuring Cybersecurity of America’s Drinking Water Systems
- In major gaffe, hacked Microsoft test account was assigned admin privileges
- Florida Bill Seeks Safe Harbor for Organizations with Robust Cybersecurity Programs
- HHS Releases New Voluntary Performance Goals to Enhance Cybersecurity Across the Health Sector and Gateway for Cybersecurity Resources
- NCTC First Responder’s Toolbox: Responses to Overseas Conflicts May Impact Public Safety Agencies in the Homeland
- Mother of all breaches – a historic data leak reveals 26 billion records: check what’s exposed
- UK tells business leaders to ‘toughen up’ against cyberattacks
- CISA Blog: We Must Consider Software Developers a Key Part of the Cybersecurity Workforce
- Guidance: Assembling a Group of Products for SBOM
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Spotify for Podcasters link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
- Venue Security, The IAVM Podcast Series is our newest podcast as Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour hosts short interviews with venue safety and security experts from the International Association of Venue Managers’ (IAVM) Venue Safety and Security Committee (VSSC) and other special guests from the IAVM community.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests. This is presently a Gate 15 special podcast and occasionally is updated on our Gate 15 podcast channel.
- The Risk Roundtable, was a monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests exploring the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. This was suspended in September 2023.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Threads, LinkedIn, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and also on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.