Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
On this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy provided insights and additional thoughts into the following incidents and security news items.
- Bleeping Computer: Massive ESXiArgs ransomware attack targets VMware ESXi servers worldwide, 3 Feb
- Risky Business News: Risky Biz News: Ransomware wave hits thousands of VMWare ESXi servers, 06 Feb
- CISA: VMware Releases Security Update for VMware vRealize Operations, 01 Feb
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security: VMware security advisory (AV23-066), 03 Feb
- Valentine’s Day 2023, 💖 and Ransomware! Webinar, REGISTER NOW! Ransomware: Planning and Protecting Your Organization, Recorded Future & Gate 15, 14 Feb
- Radware, Passion: A Russian Botnet, 31 Jan
- Bleeping Computer, New DDoS-as-a-Service platform used in recent attacks on hospitals, 01 Feb
- The Record: Customizable new DDoS service already appears to have fans among pro-Russia hacking groups, 03 Feb
- Fox 5, Las Vegas: Man threatened mass shooting at Las Vegas synagogue, police say, 31 Jan
- ABC 7 News: SFPD arrest man suspected of firing blank rounds inside synagogue, bringing gun into theater, 05 Feb
Chinese Balloons 🇨🇳🎈:
- US DOD: Statement From Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III, 04 Feb
- And see the Gate 15 SUN from Friday and Monday for numerous links.
Baking in Cybersecurity:
- Foreign Affairs: Stop Passing the Buck on Cybersecurity; Why Companies Must Build Safety Into Tech Products, 01 Feb
- Washington Post Cybersecurity 202: How CISA plans to get tech firms to bake security into their products, 06 Feb
- FBI: Elicitation Techniques, 31 Jan
- Voice of America, Russia Developing Weapons to Target Critical Subsea Cables, Pipelines, 02 Feb
- Reuters: Huge earthquake kills 2,600 in Turkey and Syria, bad weather worsens plight, 06 Feb
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.